Wednesday 23 March 2016

An Exciting New Adventure


I have very exciting news ...

On the 8th March I put a deposit on a real bricks and mortar shop. I have dreamt of having my own little shop for so long and with dwindling views on social media making my online sales drop, I think that a new adventure is exactly what Moby and Puddle needs. I aim to blog my journey as I go!

I was not looking for a shop really but a friend posted a link from gumtree on Facebook. I have been a big fan of The House That Jack Built since my first trip to the Barbican around 10 years ago. They have a walkway with a magic tree, a dragon, elves and a fountain etc, could you imagine a more perfect place for Moby and Puddle? I had to try and get the shop of my dreams.

We are not well off, I'm not sure you can be when you have two children and a Lego addicted husband but we scraped the deposit together, applied and I was delighted when I heard back from the landlady to talk about my work and my plans for the shop.

I have to say a massive thank you to Lizzie from Make@140 Vauxhall Street who I have had the pleasure of knowing for many years now thanks to my daughters love of buttons and our trips to the fantastic Funky Poppy. Lizzie encouraged me to go for the shop and not to hesitate if it was what I really wanted, she answered a tonne of questions for me and helped make the decision easier. Lizzie you are fantastic!

I visited the space and had a very warm welcome from the existing tenants Pinnacle Arts And Crafts who showed me around, gave me loads of helpful tips and information. I fell in love with the space and could already start imagining how it would look! I put the deposit down then and there.

I plan to exhibit not only my own creations but handmade whimsical and fantastic makes from artists all over the UK too. It will be a great little place to come and forget the darkness in the world if only for a little while. 

I will get the keys soon and start moving in, ready for the grand opening on 1st May 2016.

I am so excited and will have lots of updates in the weeks ahead including new branding for Moby and Puddle. I hope that you will enjoy the journey with me and that I see lots of you in my new shop too xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment